Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello February!

With my 24th birthday fast approaching, I've recently started doing a lot of thinking about my past and obviously my future. It's hard to write about who I am now because there is a strong chance that anyone who stumbles upon this blog won't know me. Just take my word for it. I am a completely different person than who I was two years ago. It has taken a number of personal events like graduating college and being thrown into the real world to make me realize who I want to be and where I want to go.

After college, you start to ask questions like, "What do I want?", "What do I need?", "What can I do to make positive changes?" (Not only within myself, but through others as well.) Once you go through that self evaluating process, life seems to change, especially because you are pushing yourself to make those changes.

One positive change I've tried to maintain in my life is getting healthier, both through my diet and exercise. I've recently started running and have never felt stronger physically and the mental improvements are coming as well. I've never been the best runner, but I've really been trying to stay with it.

If you are new to running like me, I recommend the Couch to 5k running program and DailyMile. Both have helped me stay on track. A month ago I could barely run a mile, now I'm up to running 3 miles straight. Running makes me feel alive and when I can feel my heart beating in my chest and the sweat on my forehead, it also makes me feel lucky to be alive. Finding something you love to do is a way to naturally improve your positive attitude. I'm glad I've found something to do just that. I've started to look for 5k's to sign up for, preferably one that helps support a charity, so I will be updating my blog with posts about my training up and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment