Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I blame the Count

Today at work I learned that I do an awesome "Count" from Sesame Street impression. Let me explain, when you work in an office for eight hours your mind may start to wander. Then your computer screen starts to blur and you look for things to entertain yourself while typing away on the computer. This is what I do: I look for more work to finish and do impressions sometimes they are inside joke, like the Count or a more general movie star, I take requests from my fellow employees. In the midst of entertaining my co-workers with my amazing voice skills, I work extremely hard and get a lot done, but sometimes multitasking gets the better of me. Like today, for example, I made a mistake that could have been easily avoided. It's the week before deadline this week and my desk is stacked with folders, papers, and other writing materials. While looking for something on my desk, I accidentally mixed something up.

This has been the first mistake I've made at work in awhile. I know everyone makes mistakes, they teach this as soon as you enter elementary school right? I definitely remember hearing it all the time back then. However, sometimes I take my mistakes too hard and it throws my game off. I don't consider myself a perfectionist, but I do work hard at my job and when I make a mistake, it naturally bothers me. I know all I have to do is try and fix my mistake as best I can and that will be that. Then you just let it go. I think an important lesson I learned is to remember is always use humor and common sense and you should be able to solve most issues that may arise. And, always keep your desk as organized as you can. I will be testing this theory tomorrow. Everyday is a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment